Good morning, Cyberspace!
Yes, I realize that I didn’t post anything on Tuesday. I was planning on posting my Nathaniel Halls interview, but as soon as I
tied him to the electric chair began the interview, he refused to talk to me.
And when I say that I really don’t know this character very well, I mean that I really don’t know this character very well.
But that train of thought is going to make this train derail severely fast, so let us delve into some thrilling news instead!!!
I, Kenzie Keene, have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by none other than the lovely Kate over at Story (And Dark Chocolate), and also by the amazingly wonderful monkeyeverything!!! (And if you don’t think their blog names are absolute genius, then there is something seriously wrong with your eyeballs.)
And I, Kenzie Keene, humbly accept
the title of Sunshine Princess this most wonderful tag.
The rules are as follows:
- Answer the 11 questions of the tagger person
- Tag 11 people (assuming you’re not a blogling introvert [like moi] and know 11 people who haven’t already been tagged [*sobbing*])
- Give them 11 questions to answer (*sobbing intensifies*)
I’m going to start with Kate’s questions, because she tagged me first (I think????), and then I’m going to do another post soon that has monkeyeverything’s, because her questions are amazing, too, and, as I’m a Pokemon enthusiast, I must ‘answer ’em all’.
Well, I think that’s about everything, so let’s jump straight into the questions, shall we?
1. If you had to choose one song to be your “anthem” what would it be?
Ooh… This is actually a tough question… I guess the answer depends on what you mean by “anthem”. By “anthem”, do you mean the song that blares through the speakers whenever I burst into a room like the queen that I am?
Because that’s how I’m going to be taking this question.
So, my answer would have to be…The Arena by Lindsey Stirling.
It is, like, the most amazing theme song ever.
You cannot deny it.
2. What is one book you will never read again and why?
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs.
Wow. That was an easy answer.
Okay, guys, I am honestly not someone to hate on books. I mean, how could anyone hate their adorable little papery faces and chubby shapes?
And, contrariwise to what I am about to say, I am one to give a book a second chance.
Yet, when it comes to Hollow City, I just can’t.
I blatantly refuse to.
As someone who has tried reading Scorch Trials at least twice, and Eragon at least three times, all without making any more progress than the previous efforts, I am serious when I say that I am honestly debating trying to read them cover-to-cover at some point in time.
Just not right now.
But when it comes to Hollow City, I just…no. I don’t even know what it is. Bad plot? Characters? Pacing?
I think it’s a concoction of all three, really.
So yeah. Hollow City.
3. What is one book you reread over and over again and why?
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Well, let me tell you.
The plot is amazing. I absolutely love the whole concept (although, seeing as though this is the Sunshine Blogger Award, I probably shouldn’t be talking about teenagers battling and mutilating each other to their deaths???), and it’s just a really action-packed read that kick-started my love for dystopian. Whenever I want a good, action-filled story, I usually pick up Hunger Games.
4. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
Anywhere with mountains.
(I always feel like Bilbo when I say that [“I want to see mountains again, Gandalf.”])
But seriously, if I could go anywhere in the world, I’d go somewhere with mountains. Cool grass beneath my feet, snow capped rocks above, trickling streams with a willow tree to write beneath…
I’m probably getting the entire gist of a mountain wrong, BUT THIS IS MY DREAM AND I AM STICKING TO IT.
5. Do you have a favorite quote and what is it?
Why, yes. Yes, I do.
“We are all mad here.”
–The Cheshire Cat
(Phineas and Ferb fans will notice that I actually put two quotes.)
6. If you could meet any historical figure – living or dead – who would you choose to meet? And, for the sake of getting more diverse answers, let’s leave Jesus out of this, shall we?
Hmmmmm… I think I would want to meet Jane Austen. She was an amazing female writer, she was independent, and made a living for herself by her books.
She is currently my writerly role model, so I would love to meet her.
7. What is the first book you read on your own?
Uhhhhhh… Probably something about a mouse? I don’t know, really. I’ve been reading for as long as I can remember, so I’m guessing something to do with talking animals?
I vividly remember reading some type of child’s book (which I think had a mouse???) one day, and then rushing outside because my dad was taking the training wheels off my bicycle.
That’s one of the strangest memories I think I’ve ever retained, actually…
But I also know (although I can’t really remember this) that I was not good at reading when I was little. It was exceedingly difficult to teach me to read, which is kind of interesting once you take a look at me now…
8. What is your fondest memory?
Okay, so I did not know we were going to be strolling down memory lane when I was typing the last answer.
I’m not exactly sure that I have a fondest memory, because I have so many wonderful memories. It’s so hard to choose between them, so I’m going to put three.
- There was this time when I was really sad because my siblings were picking on me (I know. The horror.), and so my mom let me help her bake a pie, and I got to roll out the dough (We even have a picture of me rolling out the dough, so this fond memory has been captured for eternity! [I was also wearing a fuzzy green sweater, which I remember very vividly…])
- Once, my dad took me on this seemingly random drive in his truck, and he stopped at a gas station and bought me a candy bar and Dr. Pepper. I still don’t remember where we went after that, but I do remember that it was a Sunday, because I got chocolate on my skirt…
- The day I got Durachi, because let’s be honest guys. He’s adorable.
9. Who are your heroes?
Well, Jesus is obviously my greatest hero, but to include some more answers, I would have to say
- My mom
- My dad
- J.K. Rowling
- Marissa Meyer
- Jane Austen
And yes. I realize that three out of the five are authors.
Do not judge me.
10. What character from literature are you most like?
Ooh… This one’s a toughie… Probably Luna Lovegood?
I mean, I’m usually one with my head in the clouds… I guess my voice doesn’t really have that chime-like quality to it, but I do say some pretty ‘out there’ things, so I think I’d be Luna Lovegood…
And I also love Luna Lovegood, so yeah.
11. What would you do if the Zombie Apocalypse happened tomorrow?
I would be a hero and save the world with my mind-boggling powers.
Actually, I’d probably just run screaming from my home.
Because I don’t like zombies…
Although, I will say, I am now getting Zombie Apocalypse story ideas in my head, which is NOT WHAT I NEED RIGHT NOW STOP IT BRAIN!
Alright! So those are my answers to some VERY amazing questions, and it is now my turn to tag
3 11 people! Yay!
My first tag is Cait at Paper Fury, because (1) her blog makes me laugh so much (and sunshine is laughter) and (2) I haven’t seen where she’s been tagged yet???? (which I’m probably wrong, but OH WELL.)
My second nomination is Hannah over at Utterly Write, because she is an amazing friend and writer, and she is a very sunshiney person, so she totally deserves this award/tag thing!
My third nomination is Amanda over at Scattered Journal Pages, because her posts are always so uplifting, and just so full of sunshine!
My fourth nomination is Kit over at Come, Rest a While, because I absolutely love her blog, and also because she’s a wonderful, sunshine-filled person.
And sadly, pretty much everyone else has already been nominated that I can think of, so that IS A SHAME, GUYS. But if you feel you’re worthy of the Sunshine Blogger Award (which you totally are) feel free to tag yourself and say that Kenzie sent you.
Or don’t say Kenzie sent you. Just do it. Cause it’s fun.
Now that we’re done with the nominations, it is time for the questions!!! Eep!!!
Are you ready? Here we go…
1. Which are you more prone to fall in love with: fantasy or reality? Why?
2. What is your element? (Fire, water, wind, earth, electricity, etc.) Why?
3. Would you rather have the power of invisibility, or be able to fly? Why?
4. What is the weirdest memory you can recall?
5. What is the weirdest dream you can recall?
6. If you were to fall down a rabbit hole, where do you hope it would spit you out?
7. Do you have a muse? If so, describe him/her. If not, post a picture of the object closest to your left. (Why, yes, we are turning this into some strange game. What were you expecting?)
8. Name a book that made you feel like you were walking on sunshine (WOOOOOOOAAAAAH!)
9. Which would you rather become famous for: a bank robbery or a murder? (I’m running out of questions, guys…)
10. If you could make one of your fictional characters real (completely visible to the entire world, even) which one would it be? Oh, and don’t forget that whatever you write about them actually comes true. In real life. (Duhn duhn DUHN!)
11. Would you rather die fighting for what is right, or live knowing you let innocents perish?
Alright, folks, that’s about it! Don’t forget to come back for the next set of questions by monkeyeverything! I am so super excited to answer them!! (And why not have two sunshiney blogger awards, am I right???)
Thank you so much again to Kate for these amazing questions, and also for nominating me! You are amazing!!! :D
Oh! And to all who answer my questions, please-oh-please leave a link down in the comments below!!! I’d love to hear your answers!!! (I will give you cookies!!! PLEASE!!!!)