Good afternoon, Cyberspace!
Okay, so I realize that I technically came back from Hiatus earlier than expected, but since that was basically just a rant post about NaNoWriMo
that I sort of regret posting?? let us just pretend for the rest of our feeble existence that this most glorious rant never existed.
Allow us to begin again, shall we?
Good morning, Cyberspace!
Oh goodness. It has been way too long since I have typed those blessed words! Way too long indeed.
But alas! I–the Smudgiest Thought–am back! Forever and ever and ever.
And as much as I’ve enjoyed my Hiatus, as much as I’ve relished the feeling of not having to worry about writing a post every week and making sure it had a featured image
(bahahahahahahahaha I never do this what am I talking about) so that it looked pretty and trying and failing miserably to be one of those famous blogger-people who everyone fawns over…I’ve really missed you guys.
But anyway–it feels good to be back, Cyberspace. Extremely good.
And also terrifying because I haven’t written an actual blog post in precisely 3,000 years.
But I’ve been considering many possibilities for my
second first post back from Hiatus for a while now, and while I was initially going to do a nice WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO-type thing, I realized that this is slightly boring.
And when I say slightly, I mean extremely because I’ve literally done nothing. And to prove just how much nothing I’ve done, I’ve decided to make a smol list for all you beans out there who are screaming at me that you’d love to hear what I’ve been up to, after all.
all three of you
— What I’ve Been Doing —
A Depressing Tale by Kenzie Keene
- binge-watching the entire fourth season of Sherlock in one day
- reading absolutely nothing
- except for Sherlock Holmes. I read one Sherlock Holmes’ book and one short story because #SHERLOCKISLIFE
- binge-watching ALL OF THE STUDIO C because someone (who shalt remain unnamed
[KATE. KATE. KATE. KATE.]) got me addicted
- failing at Camp NaNoWriMo
- miraculously winning Camp NaNoWriMo despite all odds…?
- learning the basics of driving so I can get a license (and also hopefully not murder someone in the process????)
- painting the most adorable bookshelf with my amazingly talented mom
- decorating aforementioned bookshelf with ALL OF MY BOOOOOOOOOKS!!!!
- discovering that I have a passion for hats
- helping out with my church’s VBS and falling in love with all of the children because they are SOO CUUUUTE! (and even being remembered by some of them from last year!!!! [have I ever mentioned I love kids??]
writing a blog post for Camp NaNoWriMo crying over aforementioned blog post
- skinning my right palm by playing badminton (I did a dramatic fall and somehow completely mutilated my hand with my toenails. don’t even ask)
- making an Instagram account
- realizing I absolutely loathe Instagram
- rewriting the first 13 chapters of everlost (I’m actually pretty proud of this progress [even though some of the chapters I got done BEFORE hiatus, but whatever. no one cares about the details])
- binge-watching more Studio C because it is literally the best YouTube channel on the planet
- eating cookies. obviously.
- the end.
And that’s where I’ve been, folks! As you can see, I’ve had a very productive Hiatus. I finished absolutely no crafts, did nothing readerly or writerly, and instead filled my head with a bunch of TV and potatoes.
Suffice to say, this past month has been glorious.
But of course I couldn’t stay away from my precious blog forever. There must come a point in every lazy mortal’s life when they realize that they need to return to what they love.
And in my case that is writing and ranting at the world through this blog.
So here I am! I have returned to you all with a smile and a mutilated right palm, and I am officially ready to continue my blogging adventure! And since I’m still getting into the swing of things after such a long Hiatus, please forgive me for the fact that this is more of an extremely boring update post telling you I’m officially back than a Ten Reasons Why I Loathe Word Limits With All The Fiery Passions of Mordor smudge.
someone please murder me with a pitchfork now because I’m so bored writing this
Although you can most certainly look out for that in the near future, because that just so happens to be on the line-up of future posts.
“But Kenzie!” you might be asking with questioning brows. “What else is on the agenda for future blog posts? Surely you have a plan now that you’re back from Hiatus?”
Well, my dear bean, it would seem as though you always ask the most perfect questions for smoothly integrating a shift in these Smudges.
and also your brows are frightening me
However, if you would truly like to know, here is a smol list of some future blog posts you can be watching out for in the
not-so near future–
The Smudged Thoughts Agenda For Future Blog Posts*
*subject to extreme change
- Character Interviews from the lovely cast of everlost
- More Writing Tips and Tricks by Yours Truly
- The first ever PictoPrompter PLUS! (coming soon)
- Bookish posts (reviews, tags, rants, etc.)
hopefully something crafty???
- How to Survive and Conquer the Editing Process (without losing all of your hair)
- Updates on everlost (featuring a gorgeous pic of my new bald head)
- A super secret something that I’ve been cooking up in the back of my head (that I’m not sure I’ll actually carry out or not…)
And that’s my agenda! Sounds fun, right? I’m really excited to begin writing some of these. I’ve really missed being a part of the blogosphere, and I am just so thrilled to be back home. Blogging has officially weedled its way into my life forever and always. There is no way I can give up on it now, no matter how hard I try.
Kind of like a YouTube addiction.
So though this smudge has been extremely boring and quite lame and has made me want to tear my bloody left eyeball out just by writing it, you can bet your burritos that next week will have the usual fun and flare that we’re all used to.
Until Next Tuesday–
*flings cookies in the air and disappears*
Well, that’s it for today, folks! Have you all missed me? Are you excited for me to be back on the blogosphere? Will you help me set fire and burn this post to the ground because it’s honestly the most boring thing I’ve ever written?
(I really despise writing update posts, guys) What have you been doing whilst I’ve been away doing complete randomness? Did you win Camp NaNoWriMo? Let us talk about ALL OF THE THINGS down in the comments below!!!