Happy Tuesday, Cyberspace, and welcome to the final day of NaNoWriMo!
Today is a day of endings. A day of celebration.
A day of death.
That is correct, dearest Cyberspace. At long, long last, the day is finally here. Today, we roll the dice, determine our fates, and potentially throw our fellow teammates who have supported us throughout this entire ordeal under the bus to be irrevocably mutilated by tires and gravel.
Today is the day when the losers cry, and the winners cry harder.
Because today is the day when all secrets shall be revealed.
But before we let the festivities commence, there are few little specifics that I think I should mention first
— Some Minor and Slightly Confusing Rules —
- Dice must be rolled anywhere between November 30th to December 10th. This ensures that everyone gets a chance to roll, and a few little…twists…are given a chance to be implemented. (MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
- Losers roll 2 dice. Winners roll 1 (unless otherwise instructed by the Winner’s Board [below]).
- Once you roll the dice, DO NOT!!!! repeat: DO NOT!!!! immediately do your allotted dare. Once your dare has been chosen, announce which dare you received down in the comments below, and wait for everyone else to receive their dares. (Again, this is to set the stage for bigger things to come… [*initiate ominous music*])
- Once everyone has rolled the dice and all dares have been sorted out, you may perform your dare(s) on your blog anytime between now and next November, when The NaNoWriMo Dare Squad shall STRIKE AGAIN!!! (if, of course, you guys want to play again)
and finally. . .
- So that everyone can come see your completed dare, be sure to leave a link down in the comments below after posting it! I’m sure we’re all eager to see your
suffering and immortal paincreative genius. EUGH. Thank goodness that’s over.
NOW ON TO THE FUN PART!
I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we’re all dying to see which Squadian sent in which dare. I mean, who wouldn’t want to know which vile spirit is behind their potential death? It’s much more fun to pin the blame on a specific individual once our fate is determined, is it not?
Of course it is.
And so, without further ado, allow me to present to you —
The Darer Reveal!
But first, the board. . .
— The Darers —
2. Gail . . . thegailiusblog
3. Lillian . . . Inky Insanity
4. Kirsten . . . notreallysarcastic
5. Jem . . . Jem Jones, Writer
6. Abi . . . If You Give A Girl A Blog
7. Kate Marie . . . Story And Dark Chocolate
8. Jethan . . . Rosedale Arts
9. Kenzie . . . Smudged Thoughts
10. Anna . . . A Writer’s Life
11. Paige . . . Writing To Music
And there you have it! Are you shocked? Surprised? Completely and utterly hoodwinked? I’m sure we can all safely agree that my dare was obviously the best, but even I — in my pride and glory — must admit that there are some rather spectacular dares up there.
Like all of them.
But alas! The fun is far from over, my friends, for now that I have pulled the curtain back and exposed you all for the devious monsters that you truly are, it is now time to reveal the terror that I have been secretly tip-toeing around since the beginning of this post. The terror that shall haunt your dreams at night, cackling in the darkness as it feasts upon the pulse of your fear.
It is time, my dear friends . . . for the twist.
My fellow failures, I know it seems like this month was a bust. We pushed ourselves to the breaking point, striving and reaching for our goals, only to come crashing back down with nothing in our clutches but empty air. And now, because we have failed, we must roll the dice of shame and determine which fate awaits us whilst the winners of the month point and laugh and raise their shining manuscripts to the northern skies in triumph.
We losers shouldn’t be the only ones to have all the
torture fun, should we?
Nay, I say that we share our doom with the happy winners! For the best kind of fun is the fun that we
forcefully shove down other people’s throats tenderly share with our friends.
And so, with this delightful idea in mind, I created the Kenzie-Twist — a way for all the winners of the Dare Squad to join in on the fun, as well.
In fact, I wanted them to have so much fun that I even created their own board, specifically designed for their epic greatness.
So without further interruption, here at last is The NaNoWriMo Dare Squad Winner’s Board, created and brought to you by Yours Truly. . .
— The NaNoWriMo Dare Squad Winner’s Board —
Wow. Don’t those options just look utterly delicious?
As you can see, there is a wonderful mixture of torture and fun on this board. Since the winners proved against all odds of the month that they are literal writing masters, I wanted to make sure to keep their power intact — even if that meant that they could potentially throw a curveball smack-dab into our faces.
This month has been a rollercoaster, Cyberspace. There have been crazy ups, dramatic downs, and a whole host of confusion and burnout in between. And while NaNoWriMo is one of the craziest, most hectic times of each and every year, I can honestly say that this has been one of the best NaNoWriMo’s that I have ever experienced, and it is all because of you.
I started this project with the impression that it would be a major flop (as most of my ideas usually are) but because of you guys’ participation, amazing dares, and support throughout the entire month, this crazy, slapped together idea became a reality that is so much better than what I had initially hoped for.
You guys have made this Dare Squad something special. Something unique. And for that, I am forever in your debt.
It has been a pleasure and an honor writing with you this month, my friends. And now, as the Dare Squad officially comes to a darkened close, it is finally time to determine our fates.
Take up the dice, give them a swish, and roll.
. . .
Your Death Awaits.
November is officially over, Cyberspace!! Let us sing and dance awkwardly with flapping limbs akimbo, for NaNoWriMo is finally behind us! WHOO!
And now that I have finally spewed this rather aggravatingly technical post out onto the page, we can finally have the dice-rolling commence! Which dare are you most hoping to receive? Which dare would you rather lose your left eye than roll? Which dare would you like to take and stuff into someone else’s face because you are evil and have no shame?
Let us talk about ALL OF THE DARE THINGS down in the comments below! And don’t forget to tell me what you think of the Winner’s Board! My personal favorites are 3, 4, and 6, because those shall inflict ETERNAL PAIN, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
[ please don’t hurt me.]
As always, until next time. . .
*flings cookies in the air and disappears*