good morning, cyberspace!
Today I have literally nothing to post.
I mean, it’s not that I don’t have any ideas. I have many ideas. Tons of ideas. My brain is a meatball overflowing with ideas. Obviously.
But all of those ideas require time and effort and graphics, and that, my friends, is not something I have at 11:10 on a Tuesday morning.
SO. We’re going to cheating just a little bit and doing a new episode of the PictoPrompter! Because these require minimal effort and yet are still fun. #hallelujah.
So without any further ado, let’s get right into it!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
. . .THE RULES. . .
HOW TO PARTICIPATE. . .
- Examine the picture posted. Don’t be afraid to go all squinty, here. Get a good, looooong look. Maybe you should even tilt your screen a bit. Dim it, brighten it, turn it upside down. It’s really up to you.
- Let your imagination explode. Feel free to go with whatever your heart is telling you. Does it look like a bloated pink elephant? A squashed potato? A rotten rutabaga? What story ideas are flaring to life in your beautifully insane mind? Let your imagination run wild and. . .
- WRITE! This is the absolute best step. Whip out a pen and some ink and get cracking. Only you can write the story floating around in your head. We all may be staring at the same picture, but the story that came to your mind is uniquely your own, so don’t be afraid to write it. Be real. Be funny. Be sarcastic. Be whatever it is you are.
- Post it! Don’t forget to post your extraordinary story onto the blogosphere, along with either a link back to my blog, or an insert of the handy-dandy PictoPrompter button onto your post! I would LOVE to read what you come up with! If you don’t post it, a wild pack of werebears might come and eat your face while you are sleeping tonight. (Don’t worry. This hasn’t happened since the July of 1803.)
- Link it! Once you’ve finished posting your beautiful short onto the blogosphere, make sure to pop a link to your post down in the comments below! That way I (and all the other participants!!!) can check out your masterpiece and comment and squeal about how amazing you are, obviously.
However, if sharing your work just really isn’t your thing, feel free to just shove it into the dark recesses of your writing drawer and never speak of it again. I’ve done it before. You’ve done it before. I’m betting Jane Austen and J. R. R. Tolkien both did it before. It’s a perfectly natural response to the horrors we create.
Except, you’re still going to have to fight off the werebears, so I would think long and hard before you skip this step.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
PREVIOUSLY ON. . .THE SMUDGED THOUGHTS PICTOPROMPTER
Episode IV. . .BUBBLE BUBBLE, TOILET TROUBLE.
. . .THE PARTICIPANTS. . .
- loverofbunnies2 — The Line of Symmetry
Unfortunately I believe the sheer epicness of this particular PictoPrompt caused some of you to back away from participating last time, but that is perfectly fine, folks. I completely understand. Sometimes a picture is just so perfect and so masterfully captured that you can’t possibly make it any better by writing a short story about it using mere mortal words.
BUT. Then again, sometimes that proves to not be the case. And I just have to give a giant round of applause for my smol bunny here, because HOLY GUACAMOLE DID SHE WRITE A HILARIOUS SHORT. If you haven’t checked out her short story already, you need to go check it out right now. It is. . .it is epic, guys. It involves Dr. Suess and chickens and toilets and it is just perfection, okay? I read it, laughed, read it some more, and laughed even harder. It is simply amazing.
You deserve ALL OF THE COOKIES, Bunny. Seriously. That was a masterpiece. XD
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
All righty, then! Now that we’ve got our happy little recap out of the way, it’s time to reveal this month’s PictoPrompter. And this is one that I am. . .very excited about. Because not only is this a PictoPrompter that is just perfect for the beginnings of Autumn (a.k.a. one of my absolute favorite seasons of the year) but it’s also the very last PictoPrompter before things get a little crazy ’round here. Aha.
Unfortunately, due to a lack of time and also knowledge on the specifics of this renovation, I can’t really tell you anything about what’s to come with the PictoPrompter at this moment. However, I can tell you that there are three things you can be looking forward to in the hopefully near future. . .
1. Bi-monthly PictoPrompts full of fun and whimsy! (a.k.a the usual, only this time I’m actually going to try and abide by my posting schedule, rather than just forgetting the PictoPrompter actually exists. *coughoopscough*)
2. Me actually participating in the prompts? (WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS I SPEW???? Well, I think it’s high-time I actually hop on board and play with you guys. You can’t always have all of the writerly fun, you know.)
and last, but never the least. . .
3. HAND-CRAFTED PRIZES. . .?!?!?!!?!?! BY YOURS TRULY!!!!!! (*initiate extreme screaming*)
BUT ALL OF THAT MATTERS NOT FOR TODAY. Because today is just your regular old PicoPrompt.
Although it is hardly regular, and definitely not old.
It is. . .well. . .
. . .perhaps I should just show you.
The Smudged Thoughts PictoPrompter! — EPISODE V
“What’s In Your Pumpkin?”
I know, I know. This is technically two photos. But this is only because I truly wanted you guys to get the full effect of what I pulled out of my pumpkin last year.
And to be honest, I’m still shuddering from that rather traumatic experience. . . Is it Frankenstien’s spinal chords? An undiscovered alien species trying to take over our world by invading our pumpkin harvest? A pile of. . .green beans?
It’s up to you now to decide what this delightfully scrumptious substance may — or may not — be, my friends. All that matters now is your opinion, your thoughts, your ideas. Take a nice, long gander at this glorious pumpkin-y gift to humanity, lift your ink-stained hands high into the air, twiddle your chubby little fingers in anxious anticipation, and. . .!!!
TALK TO ME, PEASANTS!
Once again, I would just like to say a quick little apology for how today’s post is sort of slapped together and small. However, I think we can all agree that Cyberspace has been seeing just a TINY little bit too much of me, lately, so hopefully you can forgive me for this small inconvenience.
HOWEVER. I’m kind of really excited about this PictoPrompt, because if all goes well. . .I’M GOING TO BE WRITING A SHORT BASED OFF IT, TOO!!! Which is pretty exciting, if you ask me. So you’d better make sure to join me in this glorious endeavor and write a wonderfully leafy story about fall and pumpkins and Frankenstein’s guts.
but don’t actually write about Frankenstein’s guts because I think that’s what I’m going to be writing about, ahahahahahahahahaha.
But that’s quite enough jabber from me! Let’s talk about you, my wonderful marshmallows! How are you doing this fine September afternoon? Do you think you’ll end up participating in this month’s PictoPrompter? Have you ever participated in a PictoPrompt in the past? ARE YOU EXCITED TO POTENTIALLY GET A PRIZE FROM THIS WEIRD LITTLE THING WE HAVE CREATED???? . . .and most importantly. . .
WHAT ON EARTH WAS IN MY PUMPKIN LAST YEAR?!?!?!
Let’s talk about ALL OF THE THINGS!! down in the comments below!
As always, until next time. . .
*flings cookies in the air and disappears*